Thread: How to remove small mini cd from iMac

How to remove small mini cd from iMac

My niece accidentally inserted a mini cd in iMac. And now it is not coming out. The slot is on the right side. I tried to eject through the pc but it is not working. The CD belongs to a usb wifi adapter. It is a driver disc and my niece thought it something useful. Whenever I turn on the iMac the cd is readable. But it is not coming out. Is there anyway through which we can pull it out. In regular DVD rom you have that tiny hole. The one that comes with tray. By inserting a pin in that we can pull out the tray and remove stuck cd. But in iMac I cannot find any option.

Re: How to remove small mini cd from iMac

That is a problem I think. Here you can try one thing. Try to switch off your iMac first. Then tilt it and shake towards the bottom side so that it can throw out the disk. Do not use anything inside. It can damage the mechanism. Try to use shaking as much possible. You can try a thin paper or a card that can simply push the dvd to the upside and slowly it can come out from the side. If this works then fine or else you have to take the system to a Apple care center. They will open it up and remove the CD from the system. And that will be the safest thing.

Re: How to remove small mini cd from iMac

I found a video on YouTube that shows a simple way of removing stuck cd from the mac pc. It is a very impressive trick. You need two cards. Something like a visiting card and at one end you have to put some adhesive. So that the can easily get stick on that. You have to insert one card so that it can catch the back side of CD and another card that can hold the front. Then you have to press together and slowly pull out the CD. You can also try tilting the system towards left down and the CD might fell out. Try this one first.