Thread: Brother MFC-j870DW scanner driver for Windows 8.1

Brother MFC-j870DW scanner driver for Windows 8.1

I was running Windows 7 and recently dual booted it with Windows 8.1. I have got a Brother MFC-j870DW scanner which is working fine in Windows 7 but the same is not working in Windows 8.1 operating system. I have installed the same drivers on both OS. I am able to print to the printer but the scanner function gives error "cant find the printer". I am now searching for the latest drivers that would work on Windows 8.1? Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Re: Brother MFC-j870DW scanner driver for Windows 8.1

The Brother scanner model MFC-J870DW does have a Windows 8.1 drivers available in 32bit and 64bit that you can download from their official website here - http://support.brother.com/g/b/downl...870dw_us_eu_as. Just do a full install of the program and when you have connected to the Wifi network then you can try to give a scan to the printer to get it working. Basically, most of the wifi printers work only on a wireless b/g wifi network.

I think that you not only have to install the driver but the full software that comes in the package that you download from the Brother's official website. You will also need to ensure that the default printer isnt the one that Windows 8 checks as a Network connected because that is what the printer will show up as. After you have installed the software and connected the printer via the software setup then it should be working fine for you.

I will suggest you to run System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search. Type Command Prompt in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow. At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow and then press ENTER.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833