Thread: Microsoft Wireless TV Display Adapter not working on Windows 8.1

Microsoft Wireless TV Display Adapter not working on Windows 8.1

I had upgraded my Dell laptop to Windows 8.1 and on that I am trying to use Microsoft Wireless TV Display Adapter. But that does not looks like working. I am having a Samsung Smart TV where I am trying to test it. But it is not showing me anything. I thought this would be easy. I got this display adapter at a very budget price. And on many sites I found that it will work well with Windows 8.1. But it is just so annoying to setup. The smart tv is not showing me anything. How to use it. I was first going for Chromecast, but my friend gave me Microsoft Wireless TV Display Adapter at a low price.

Re: Microsoft Wireless TV Display Adapter not working on Windows 8.1

You have to install its driver to use the same. Or else it is not going to work. You can find the drivers on its official site also. Once the drive is installed you can then simply connect the display adapter and you can check the same in your smart tv. The display adapter is compatible with many smart tv. And once it is detected you can stream the pc content on the tv. If this does not work then once you have to find that your tv is compatible with this wireless adapter or not. Most of the time it will work but sometime there can be issue with connectivity.

I had seen this problem reported by many on the official forum. It looks the adapter is not really compatible with many SmartTV's. Compare to that Chromecast is lot more easier to use. It is having a simple way through which you can instantly stream content from your pc to your TV through a wifi mode. And you have to just connect this to the TV HDMI port and select the source. A application will connect the device to your pc and done. You can also control this through your mobile phone. I found Chromecast a more effective solution compare to Microsoft display adapter.

The only way you can use Microsoft Display Adapter is first checking whether your TV is compatible with it or not. If it is not compatible then there is nothing you can do. While Chromecast is bit different. It does not really require any kind of compatibility. It act as a tiny device that play videos over HDMI. It is smartly designed. You must have to checked before purchase. Because if that is not compatible then it is a waste of money. You said that you are having Samsung Smart TV. What model do you have. If it is not very old then you can still use that.