Thread: Windows 8 driver for Epson Perfection 1640SU Scanner needed

Windows 8 driver for Epson Perfection 1640SU Scanner needed

I was running Windows 7 64bit on my pc and I was using Epson Perfection 1640SU scanner on it without any issues. But afterwards I upgraded my pc to Windows 8 64bit and now the scanner is not working at all. It seems that there is no proper driver for this latest operating system. I have tried downloading the drivers listed on many website but those are not Windows 8 drivers for this scanner, else they are some fake targetted files. So, does anyone know where to get the proper driver from? Thanks

Re: Windows 8 driver for Epson Perfection 1640SU Scanner needed

Follow the steps that I am going to provide you to install EPSON Perfection 1640SU scanner in your Windows 8 system. First go to Configuration and choose Change PC configuration. After that go to Utility and choose Home Advanced. Now choose Restart Now and when you are in blue screen then select Troubleshooting > Advanced Options > Startup Settings and Reboot. After the pc restarts, press F7 in blue screen to Disable the mandatory use of signed drivers. After that install the Windows 7 64bit drivers in your Windows 8 OS without any issues.

Just go the following link and download the driver for you scanner - http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...Type=Downloads. After that use Winrar to extract the file. Now connect your Epson scanner and go to Device Manager in Control Panel. You can see a scanner with a mark on it, just right click on it and choose update driver. Now choose Browse my computer and select Let me pick list of device drivers from my computer. Now select Imaging devices and click have disk. Go to the same location where you have unzipped the driver file and select it to install. Ignore all warnings and continue with the installation. Once it is finished then reboot your pc to get your scanner working again.

If still the above solution is not working for you then you can try to install the Windows 7 64bit driver of Epson Perfection 1640SU Scanner in compatability mode. Just download the drivers first, extract it on desktop and then right click on it and go to Properties. After that click on the Compatability tab and then check mark the Run in Compatability either in Windows Vista or XP and then check Run as administrator and click ok. Now double click on the exe file to begin the installation of the driver.