Thread: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 driver needed for Windows 8.1

Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 driver needed for Windows 8.1

I am using Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 on my Windows 8 without any issues. But after I upgraded the OS to Windows 8.1, some problems with this webcam started to happen. When my computer goes to sleep and comes back then the webcam is not detected in my computer at all. I have to disconnect and reconnect it again into a different usb port and then only it will start working again. When I insert it in the same usb port then it will not work. So is there any updated drivers for this webcam of Windows 8.1 available anywhere?

Re: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 driver needed for Windows 8.1

I had recently purchased a new motherboard and processor and installed Windows 8.1 on it. Last week I also bought this Logitech C920 webcam and it was working fine on the Windows Camera app. But when I went to Facebook or Skype then it didnt work. I have installed the Logitech 2.8 LWS but it will not detect the webcam at all even though Logitech has mentioned that it is fully compatible with USB 3.0 and Windows 8.1. It seems that refunding is the only choice left.

You can try to install the latest updated version of Logitech Webcam Software for the HD Pro Webcam C920 from the official Logitech website here - http://www.logitech.com/pub/video/lws/lws280.exe. Their support team have said that they have tested this software on Windows 8.1 and they had not faced any problems installing or running the application on the same operating system. If this doesnt work for you then please report back again.

It seems that many Logitech C920 users are having problems with this webcam on Windows 8.1 and still Logitech has not released any compatible driver for this webcam on the operating system. It looks be a firmware problem on the device itself. It would be good if Logitech asks all C920 users to return the device and re-issue a new device with the correct firmware software. If they cant then it is better to replace it with some other device.