Thread: unable to format SanDisk 64GB SDXC Class 10 microSD card

unable to format SanDisk 64GB SDXC Class 10 microSD card

I am using a SanDisk 64GB SDXC Class 10 microSD card in my Galaxy mobile phone. After taking any pics it gets automatically stored in the memory card, since i have choosen to save the files in the card, but after restarting the phone, all the files disappear. So I thought of reformatting the card as there might be some issues but even after formatting many times the files comes back again on the card. I tried formatting through the computer and got same results. I even tried to connect the card in its adapter and formatted it directly through my computer but it again gave me the same thing. Does anyone know how do I solve this problem?

Re: unable to format SanDisk 64GB SDXC Class 10 microSD card

Hi Causeover,
    Based on your post, It may be a settings issue. In the android phone, there is an auto backup option, due to that the data is stored in virtual storage(Google+, Dropbox and Picasa) and whenever you reset your phone, It will be restored in your card.
    If you are not using the softwares for storage, so I’d suggest you some basic troubleshooting steps that may help you to solve the issue.

Option 1:

1. Go into Disk Management and right click on that.
    2. In the new pop-up, click to delete the volume and press OK.
    3. Restart your System.

Option 2:

1. Go into Disk Management and In the bottom-right panel look for a ribbon which labelled as Unallocated space and has no drive name.
    2. Right-click an unallocated space and then click the New Simple Volume. This starts the New Simple Volume Wizard. Press the Next button to continue.
    3. Select the amount of space in MB: field and press the Next button.
    4. Assign The Following Drive Letter: field and press the Next button.
    5. Select the file system as FAT32 and Allocation unit size is default and press the next button.
    6. Press the Finish button.

Hope it helps.

Even I am facing this similar problem with the Sandisk 64GB SDXC on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 smartphone. I did a recent firmware update of Android Kitkat on my Note 2 and until this update everything was working fine. I took some pictures on my smartphone which seems to have been corrupted, so I simply formatted the card but the pictures came back again. These pics should have been deleted in the formatting process but it is not, so what could be the issue?

Many users were facing similar problems with this SanDisk 64GB SDXC Class 10 microSD card and in the end they called up their customer support and asked for a RMA or replacement for the card. You will just need to drop off your cut card in half, so that your data is not accessible by anyone on the receiving end. Note that you must also make sure that the customer service guy records this in his report that you will be cutting the card while returning it.

You can try a solution that has worked for many users who have got this same problem with this same card. First connect the drive or memory card to your pc with a card reader. Go to Start and in Search field type regedit. After that press HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to expand System. Now find CurrentControlSet and then expand the Control in CurrentControlSet list. After that check if there is any key named StorageDevicePolicies and change the digit in DWORD value to 0 and press ok.