Thread: android device not getting recognized via usb with recent Windows 8.1 updates

android device not getting recognized via usb with recent Windows 8.1 updates

I am running Windows 8.1 on my computer and recently some Windows Update got installed automatically in my system. Since then the Nexus android device that I have is not getting recognized in the Windows 8.1 desktop. I have also enabled the USB debugging on the device but to no avail. When I connect my Nexus then I can hear a sound of the connection from the device but it is not appearing in the drives list? Previously it was recognized properly in the same computer but not now anymore? Any ideas

Re: android device not getting recognized via usb with recent Windows 8.1 updates

This seems to be a problem with the driver or an improper driver allocated issue. First of all enable USB debugging mode and then go into Storage and press Meny USB connection and make sure that usb mode is set to MTP. After that connect your device to computer. Now, search for ADB driver in Device Manager on pc and then right click and choose Update Driver software. Choose Browse my computer for driver software and then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Check mark the Show Compatible Hardware box and 2 drivers will be shown to you which is Android ADB Interface and MTP User Device or Composite USB device. Simply select the second one and click next. This way your device would now appear again.

Re: android device not getting recognized via usb with recent Windows 8.1 updates

What you can do is simply connect the android device that you have via usb port and then remove the ADB drivers from your computer by going into Device Manager. After that unplug your Nexus device from your pc. Search and download a usb driver removing utility on google and install it in your pc and remove all the Android drivers that it finds out. After that install Koush’s Universal ADB Driver and then connect your device and it will get recognized.

First of all disconnect your Nexus from your pc. After that go to Control Panel and then search for Device Installation Settings. Now check mark the box for "No, let me select what to do" and also check mark "Never install driver software from Windows Update". After that go to Device Manager and then remove device while check marking "Delete the driver software for this device". After this is done then plug in your Nexus device and check if it shows up once again.