Thread: What kind of pc is good for php programming

What kind of pc is good for php programming

I need some advice on making a new system for php programming. I have a client who has a requirement of around 8 pc's in his new office. He is a web developer. So almost all pc will be used for php programming. He gave me his requirements like running a web server, downloading files, running ftp servers, etc. There will be image editing work also. So I want to know what hardware would be the best for the same. Just a cpu and ram recommendation will do the job. Finding a motherboard and psu is not so complicated. That will be quiet reasonable.

Re: What kind of pc is good for php programming

Well you don't really need a very high end system for that. Here a first generation Core i3. I have this one at my home with 2GB RAM and things work goes well here. It is good to add a good amount of storage space like around 2TB hard drive. Because you might have to save a lot of files. A good dual core cpu will also work. You need a good set of rams to let other application work well and good storage to keep your files also. Other than this there is no major requirement. Any decent pc will do the job I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadden View Post
    I need some advice on making a new system for php programming. I have a client who has a requirement of around 8 pc's in his new office. He is a web developer. So almost all pc will be used for php programming. He gave me his requirements like running a web server, downloading files, running ftp servers, etc. There will be image editing work also. So I want to know what hardware would be the best for the same. Just a cpu and ram recommendation will do the job. Finding a motherboard and psu is not so complicated. That will be quiet reasonable.
    Hi Hadden,

I hope this PC builds will fulfil your requirements like programing, photo editing and etc.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor.
    MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard.
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory.
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive.
    PSU: Corsair CSM 450W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply.

The reason to suggest the Intel I5 CPU because of the performance difference between the processors. It has inbuilt graphics, that will help you for photo editing and programing stuff. The MSI MOBO supports CrossFire and SLI technology, so in future you can add the GPU. For RAM configuration, I suggest you 2x8GB that because it’s easier to set the high clock compare to 4x4gb and you'll have 2 empty slots for future upgrade.

Good luck.

Today you can find 3rd and 4th generation Intel Core i series processor. You can go with anyone of them. If you go with 4th generation then you get more reliable usage. This cpu consist less power and works well. And they are also costly. But if your client is not having a very good budget then even a 3rd generation system will do the job. Go with LGA 1155 socket only so that in future also you can get more upgrades as per your need. There are always frequent changes in the hardware and this can cause problem if you go with a old one.