Thread: Windows 8 pc front usb only charge

Windows 8 pc front usb only charge

I am having a pc that has Windows 8.1 on the same.I am having two devices at home. Both are android devices. And when I connect them to the pc at the front usb port it just show as charging. It is not detecting my mobile phone as a removable storage. I want some help here through which I can make them visible like a removable storage and copy paste files in the same. I had tried a lot but it is not working. I am quiet sure there will be some way to fix this thing. And it might be in Windows itself.

Re: Windows 8 pc front usb only charge

Well it is due to the cable you are using. If you are using a cable from charging adapter then it will mostly show you phone charging options. For transferring files you have to find a separate one. It is always good to use the official one that comes in the device box. I will also recommend you to connect the cable at the back usb port once and test. And if it still shows charging then I do not think there is much you can do. You have to replace this one and get a new cable.

I had got this problem and it is mostly due to the cable you are using. The best thing you can do is change the port and update the chipset drivers of your system. Some motherboard comes with separate usb drivers also. You can install them once and test out. You can remove the usb drivers and re-install them through device manager which will be faster and easy. But if this fails to work then the last option left is to go ahead and simply get a new cable. Or just change the usb ports.

check the cable port your are using. Many times type of cable is the problem.