Thread: getting message "A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed" on Windows 8

getting message "A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed" on Windows 8

I have installed Windows 8 on my computer and when I was trying to play a game on it, then it said me that I require to upgrade my graphics card and redirected me to some site which gave me the below error message:

"A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues."

So, can anyone tell me what should I do to solve this issue? Thanks

Re: getting message "A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed" on Windows 8

You might be having some kind of other graphics driver installed in your computer. So, to resolve this error, download and install the appropriate graphics driver from your computer manufacturer's Web site. Your computer manufacturer recommends the Intel Graphics Drivers they have customized and validated for your specific computer model. You can get additional details on how to solve your issue from this website - http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm

Re: getting message "A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed" on Windows 8

The error that you are getting in your pc mostly happens when Microsoft downloads Windows Update and installs the microsoft version of the driver. There are many laptops and OEM computers that usually come with customized hardware that might not be able to support the generic Intel drivers. So, you get this as a warning message from Intel's website. In order to resolve this issue you need to stick with the manufacturer supplied drivers only.

There is also a tool called Driver Booster that can install all the required drivers available for your hardware peripherals. It is is software that allows you to automatically search for a computer hardware drivers. In addition to the detection, it can install the driver directly instead of manually installation. There is a free version of this software, but the paid version also offers other improvements such as optimizing drivers and hardware settings to improve computer performance.