Thread: How to simply configure a printer in Mac Snow leopard

How to simply configure a printer in Mac Snow leopard

I am unable to add a printer in Snow Leopard. I tried a lot but it is not working. I am not able to figure out how to fix this thing but it keeps on failing. I am quiet sure there can be some way through which I can make it work. I had gone through the regular process of adding a printer but it keeps on failing. I am not able to figure out why this thing is not working. I am stuck with the options and yet it keeps on failing. The printer is detected but it is not working. Is there any option to fix this thing.

Re: How to simply configure a printer in Mac Snow leopard

If the printer remains undetected then it can be a driver problem. The best thing you can do is run Apple Software Update. You might get some fix through that. Most of the printers comes with a cd that has a installation wizard. You have to insert that and follow the screen instructions. I am quiet sure that will work and will give you a proper output. Just try to change the usb port of your printer also and I think that will also work. It is always recommended to run a software update check before adding a printer.

Re: How to simply configure a printer in Mac Snow leopard

Adding a sub printer is easy. You have to connect the printer to the system first. And then you have to go in Add Nearby Printer. In that you can see the usb printer visible. Just click on that and add it. Most of the time the system will automatically arrange the drivers. And it will start working. But if this fails then there can be some issue with connectivity or the printer model that you have is very old. Try visiting the official site for more information about the printer installation.