Thread: Windows 8 boot fail after adding a new 1TB Seagate Hard drive

Windows 8 boot fail after adding a new 1TB Seagate Hard drive

I do not know what happened in my system. I had added a new 2TB hard drive in my system. And after that Windows 8.1 fails to boot. I tried a lot but it is not working.I am quiet not able to figure out the reason behind this. I had just connected this drive and went in the bios to check whether the hard drive is detected or not. It was there and it showed me a full 1TB. But when I restarted the pc after that I am getting a boot manager missing error. I did not thing here. Is there a way to restore my old windows.

Re: Windows 8 boot fail after adding a new 1TB Seagate Hard drive

Your boot order might be changed due to which you are getting the issue. You can fix that through bios. Just go in the bios and look for changing boot order priority. You have to use the + and - sign to move the drive up and down. I am quiet sure this will surely resolve the issue. You have to choose the drive one that has windows. You can see the drive as HDD0 or HDD1. You have to arrange them properly to restore the boot order and then reboot to check. This will resolve the issue.

There is one more way to test the same. You can hit the F12 key to select and find out which drive yin your system is having Windows. When you hit F12 on boot you will get a small screen and you will see list of hardware. You have to just select and press entire. For example if there is HDD0 select it and press enter. If you get the same message then try another one. IF you get the error on all the three drive then you must use Windows DVD and run a startup repair. I am quiet sure that will resolve the issue.

check whether you can boot windows without extra hdd.