Thread: western digital warranty check

western digital warranty check

Hi!! I have purchased a 500gb western digital external hdd from my friend.. According to my friend he bought the hdd just 8 months back. But i doubt and i want to check the warranty. Please tell me that how can i check the warranty for external hdd.

Re: western digital warranty check

Go to the below official website of Western Digital to check the warranty of the hard drive that you got from your friend. All you need to do is just choose India in Country and then put the serial number that can be found at the back of the hard drive and then click Continue:

http://wdsupport.wdc.com/warranty/wa...p?custtype=end

Thanks. Can you tell me one more thing that what is the difference between FAT system and NTFS system??

Hi rinkuchawala,
    I hope you rae doing well, NTFS is the preferred file system for this version of Windows. It has many benefits over the earlier FAT32 file system, including:
    The capability to recover from some disk-related errors automatically, which FAT32 cannot.
    Improved support for larger hard disks.
    Better security because you can use permissions and encryption to restrict access to specific files to approved users.
    FAT32, and the lesser-used FAT, were used in earlier versions of Windows operating systems, including Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows Millennium Edition. FAT32 does not have the security that NTFS provides, so if you have a FAT32 partition or volume on your computer, any user who has access to your computer can read any file on it. FAT32 also has size limitations. You cannot create a FAT32 partition greater than 32GB in this version of Windows, and you cannot store a file larger than 4GB on a FAT32 partition.
    Hope it helps.