Thread: Are there any devices with next generation usb

Are there any devices with next generation usb

I want to know about the upcoming next generation usb port. I had seen a few photos that looks like it is going to be some kind of micro usb. And the full size ports will be soon replaced. But there are ample of devices which are still on the regular usb port. It will be a complicated part to replace the ports of all usb. When it was usb 3.0 coming up the makers follow the tradition shape and size so that it can be used commonly. But now the micro usb port is getting more common day by day. Even I can see a few pen drive that have that port. I think this would be the next face of usb 3.0 which will make usb devices more portable.

Re: Are there any devices with next generation usb

It is just in the new and there are few devices that are going to have that port. USB 3.1 will surely be different but there are already many type of usb ports in the market. And you can go with various adapter also. Here what matters is speed. Even today if there is a usb 3.0 pen drive and if you use it on the usb 2.0 the speed is not so amazing. For the new usb there will be lot of issue if we have to use that using a adapter. The usb controller must get more updated so that it can give constant speed on all type of ports. I think this must stuff also get updated on the usb hubs which are still working on old technology.

Re: Are there any devices with next generation usb

Micro usb ports are going to get common on pen drive soon. But for that a huge upgrade in needed in the pc hardware. Or else it wont be easy. In netbooks we might be seeing this micro usb port which is also knows as the C type connection. That is small one and consume less space, but does not affect the transfer quality. In devices like Note 3 you can see the new type of port which is actual a composite port that include usb 2.0 also. It offer you dual peed to the port to get data in and out and also boost the charging. It will be great for portable devices to have this kind of high speed connectivity.