Thread: 7 port usb hub only provide charging no data transfer

7 port usb hub only provide charging no data transfer

I had purchased a 7 port usb hub long time ago. It was working fine. I use that for two things. First for charging my mobile phone and second for transferring file. I am not able to figure out why this thing is only providing me charging. I cannot transfer any data through the same. After connecting I enabled usb debugging and the internal storage is not appearing up in the pc. I can see the battery charging there. Even when I connect my pen drive it fails to work. The hub does not look like damage to me. What should I do to fix the problem.

Re: 7 port usb hub only provide charging no data transfer

I think the usb hub that you are talking about is damage. You can try troubleshooting the issue by changing the back usb port. You can try switching out the same and see whether it works or not. Try not to connecting multiple hardware at the same time. Go with few of them. You can also try changing the cable that is connected to the pc. You can find that on web or in any nearby store. Most of this usb hubs have a led light that turns on when you connect a any pen drive on it. If that is not working then there are chances that the port is damaged.

Re: 7 port usb hub only provide charging no data transfer

Compare to 7 or 10 port usb hub, a 4 port hub works really well. That is because it does not need much power. And if you are using a 7 or 10 port hub then you will have to use a separate power adapter to the same. Or else it wont work. And most of this ports stop working due to lack of enough power to
    run different type of hardware. I am using a 4 port hub from long time and this works very well. Till now I am able to use multiple device on the same. I do not think changing the cable or its connection is going to help much.