Thread: How to add a printer under parental control in Mac

How to add a printer under parental control in Mac

I want some help to configure my printer under parental control. There are kids in my house who are wasting a lot of paper by printing many things from Google images. They make a high quality print that dries up the cartridge really fast. I am looking for some help through which I can just configure the printer under parental control so that the access is limited. The print is usually done through tablet and a laptop which is kids room. While no one is allowed to touch any other pc at home. Is there a option available in mac for this.

Re: How to add a printer under parental control in Mac

Luckily Mac has a option for this. You can simply disallow a printer for a user. You have to go in Workgroup manager for the same. In that you can find the list of users who are allowed to access stuff shared on the network. And from there you can block a user from making a print. This is the fastest and most easiest way to disallow anyone from using your printer. You just have to add the printer here and configure the users who want to use it. This one is the simplest way of stopping them from misusing the printer.

Re: How to add a printer under parental control in Mac

The above solution is great for office. But for home there is a different settings that you can try out. You can try using a integrated Parental Control feature in Mac which will help you a lot. You have to go in Apple menu and there you can find System Preferences. Just go in that and click on Parental Controls. You have here add a user account and configure Parental Controls on the same. You can also create a new account if you want. Just try out this settings and see what output you are getting. I am quiet sure this will work.