Thread: Is it possible to use a universal remote on Mac pc

Is it possible to use a universal remote on Mac pc

I have been using a remote on my windows pc. And this is very easy to operate. There are many good universal remote available that you can use to configure your system. I am looking for a solution through which I can configure the same on a mac system. My uncle is having a iMac. I did not find any support for my model of remote. But is there anything else available that I can test on the mac pc. I had tried looking, and it looks Mac pc are not having any support for configuration of remote. I think Logitech Harmony is quiet poplar one. Will this work on the mac system. Through this it is very easier to sit back and watch movies.

Re: Is it possible to use a universal remote on Mac pc

I do not really think. I found very less information on the same. I was first trying to do the same on a macbook. I had attached a big size monitor to that and this makes moving watching very comfortable. But the remote configuration is not so easy on the same. Later on I switched to a wireless mouse and keyword that worked well. You can sit back and this wireless products provide you a good range. Do not go for a remote. Try a combo wireless mouse keyboard by Logitech. There are some portable hardware available.

Re: Is it possible to use a universal remote on Mac pc

You can try out Harmony One Advanced Universal Remote. It might work on the mac system. All things that matters is installation. In Apple TV you can find this very easily. You can go in the settings panel and there you can find General where a Remote section is separately available. You have to check the same for Mac also. You can find the information about compatibility on the official site. Most of this removes works through a adapter which is usually compatible with mac and windows both.