Thread: not a single mouse is working after uninstalling logitech mouse

not a single mouse is working after uninstalling logitech mouse

I was using a Logitech gaming mouse which was working fine but now there are problems with it. The right click will work only sometimes and when I left click then it keeps on double clicking no matter how many times I try. Dragging any items with left click is impossible because of that. So, I uninstalled all the logitech drivers from my pc. Afterwards when I plugged in another mouse then it was not working either on my system. I have tried more than 3 mouse now and none are working except the first logitech mouse. Can anyone please tell me what should I do now? Thanks

Re: not a single mouse is working after uninstalling logitech mouse

It seems to me that your USB stack is corrupted because you have already tried to uninstall more than one mouse possibly. You can try to reset it but I dont know which computer specifications you have? Can you also try to list what are all the usb devices in your Device Manager if possible. Have you tried your Logitech mouse on another computer and checked if it is having the same problem related to your computer or is it working fine on other computer?

I am assuming that you might have deleted some keys in the registry before you started getting this problem, so you should try to do a Windows System File Scan and see if that works for you. To do this, click Start, type Command Prompt or cmd in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow. At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow

Source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

First disconnect all usb devices except mouse and keyboard. After that click on Start and type Advanced System settings in Search box and click on go there. Now click on Advanced Tab, and then click on Environment Variables. Go to System variables and click on New. Now type devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices as the variable name and type 1 as the value and then click ok to close the windows. Now go to Device Manager > View > Show Hidden devices. Uninstall all the faded entries of USB devices that are listed. Also there will be a file called INFCACHE.1 which stores information about USB drivers, delete that as well by taking administrator ownership. After that plug in a working usb device and it will make a new INFCACHE.1 file. Now try to use any usb device and see if that works.