Thread: cannot paste anything on USB flash drives

cannot paste anything on USB flash drives

I am running Windows 7 on my computer and I cannot copy anything on my USB flash drives. I have taken many troubleshooting steps like System Restore and even uninstalling the usb drive in the Device Manager and also disabling the write protection in the registry but still nothing is working for me. I can format the drive pretty easily and also copy files from it but when I am trying to paste files from my computer onto the usb drive then it gives me an error that says "Destination folder access denied". I am already on an administrator account. Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue? Thanks

Re: cannot paste anything on USB flash drives

It looks to me that there is some virus which is affecting the copy-paste work. Have you tried to scan your laptop with any antivirus program? If there are any malware in your laptop then you can also use the Malwarebytes Antimalware software which will be a good idea. Incase you dont have any antivirus software installed in your computer then you can also try to get free online antivirus scanning softwares like Free ESET Online Antivirus Scanner. Hope this helps.

Try this steps. First log on with admin account in your laptop. After that file the folder whose owership you want to take and right click on it. Then go to Properties > Security tab. After that click Advanced button below and then go to Owner tab. Now click on Edit button from the bottom. After that click the entire group or your user account from the Change owner to list. At the bottom, check the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects checkbox. Now click OK button and accept all the confirmations which are displayed thereafter to continue with the process. Once you have taken the ownership then go to Security tab of the folder again and assign the proper permissions.

The error message is occuring because you are attempting to transfer a file to the destination computer which is not allowing network computers to write to the folder you are sending it to. To solve this problem your computer with the usb drive should have file sharing set up. You can easily enable that by going to Network and Sharing Center from the Start Menu and Control Panel. Usually, the File Sharing option is turned off by default for security reasons. You might also have some antivirus programs which could be interfering with the File Sharing.