Thread: How to turn my regular 2.1 speakers to Bluetooth speaker

How to turn my regular 2.1 speakers to Bluetooth speaker

I want to turn my regular speaker to Bluetooth speaker. I had tried finding out some software that can work through my laptop, but there is nothing. My laptop already has a Bluetooth port on the same. I can try converting my speakers to Bluetooth through that and use them through my smartphone. But it does not looks to be working. I want some help in finding out a good and cheap device. Because here my speaker remains off all the time. I can use this on my tablet but the cable is not very long. It is short. Through Bluetooth I can atleast use it in the entire room.

Re: How to turn my regular 2.1 speakers to Bluetooth speaker

You cannot use your laptop Bluetooth on your speaker. You have to buy a third party adapter for the same. There are some on ebay. You can get that for Rs.400. Search for Bluetooth Stereo Adapter Audio Receiver 3.5mm Music Wireless Hifi Dongle Transmitter Usb Mp3 Speaker Car. This one is a nice portable device through which you can convert your existing speaker to Bluetooth and then use the same on your smartphone. There are many adapter like this which are simple to use. The connectivity also simple. If you need good audio quality then you have to buy a good one.

For getting a good sound output I will not recommend you to use the Bluetooth adapter. Because there is a limitation of sound range on the same. I had seen a few usb based Bluetooth adapter for a speaker which does not work well. Sometime there is a connectivity issue in the same. You can get a lot amount of breaking noise in between and you cannot just get rid of the same. Cable connection is the best thing according to me which is really helpful.

I dont think so. A Bluetooth adapter will be a great advice. I never thought of it. But buying the right hardware is what you need. You have to find a adapter which must be a lot more better. Search for Zoook Bluetooth Audio Adapter ZB-BR165 on Ebay. It is a nice small size adapter with media control buttons. You have to connect your speaker to this and turn it on. And the next thing you have to do is connect your mobile phone to the device. It comes for Rs.900.

There are ample of adapters on ebay. And I hope that this can work well. It is a very smart choice to have this kind of hardware. It offer you a portable solution to use the adapter. One thing I would like to check before buying. I want to see what is the maximum range this adapter has. Because if the range is poor then it is not easy to connect. It will be really complicated to move your phone near to that and site and play songs.

A good adapter will cause you between Rs.500 to Rs.1000. Try to buy something that has a good reputation in the market. So that you can simply choose the best one. The range here depends on the Bluetooth standards. A regular Bluetooth works well within a range of 3 meters. That makes it simple to use. And if you want to more then you have to buy a better one. Almost all Bluetooth have the same kind of range.