Thread: Wireless keyboard of Sony VAIO Tap 11 problem

Wireless keyboard of Sony VAIO Tap 11 problem

2 months ago I had purchased a Sony VAIO Tap 11 laptop model SVT11215SGB which was working fine without any problems. After sometime I did an upgrade to Windows 8.1 which went smoothly. But after some days, the wireless keyboard stopped working all of a sudden. I have done BIOS reset to default, have reinstalled all the bluetooth and wireless drivers but nothing seems to be working. Does anyone know how do I solve this problem? Thank you

Re: Wireless keyboard of Sony VAIO Tap 11 problem

You might be having a USB recovery drive with you. I will suggest you to do a clean install and see if that helps. First of all try to press the Assist Button. Once it starts up then you will get the VAIO Care (Rescue Mode). After that you need to Start Troubleshooting (recovery), so you need to click on Troubleshoot > Vaio Recovery Solutions. On that page you will get an option to recover your Sony VAIO Tap 11 laptop. Once it is done then report back whether it worked for you or not.

Did you follow the instructions here:

Have you tried to follow the instructions given on the official website of Sony - https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answer...44901/c/65,66/:
    1. Start the Pairing Tool
    2. Click Pairing
    3. Turn OFF the wireless keyboard
    4. Press CTRL + Esc
    5. Turn ON the wireless keyboard

Once you have performed the above method properly, then you will see the battery light which will flash on the keyboard and the Caps lock light will also flash 4 times and then the keyboard will pair.

If none of the above solution is working for you then it seems to be a hardware issue. So, the best thing that you can do is just get a warranty service on it. Incase of Bluetooth, you can try to install the bluetooth software from Intel from the below link:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

The driver update utility and the Pairing procedure should cure you problem. Recently I was having difficulty pairing a new keyboard and had to locate the Pairing EXE to initiate the pairing procedure. Didn't take long after that....