Thread: Unable to increase cpu fan speed while overclocking

Unable to increase cpu fan speed while overclocking

I am new to overclocking. I am just trying to test my processor. I have a AMD FX8350 processor. I had used a few tools to overclock the same. I found that the processor is heating really fast. I am using the stock fan on it. I had also installed a fan control utility. But I am not able to boost the speed with that. A speed is stuck at particular thing. It is not going ahead. When I overclock the cpu temperature hikes to 80degree instantly from the regular 40degree. It can be dangerous if I keep on carrying out the process.

Re: Unable to increase cpu fan speed while overclocking

To get a good amount of cooling stuff it is recommended that you must go ahead in getting a new fan. Don't rely on the stock one. Compare to Intel, AMD processors heats up really fast. They can cause problem with performance also. The best and safest way according to me is a liquid cooler. Today we can find ample of portable liquid cooler kits in the market. You can simply get one with good fan setup and test that. It will work well. Or you can go with full size cpu cooler also. Do not rely on your stock fan.

As far as I know you cannot get much from the stock fan. To get more rpm you will have to go with bigger fans. There are ample of them available online. And if your cpu is getting heated instantly then it means the current fan is not capable enough to draw out maximum heat. Due to which it is getting hotter while using. You must simply change it. And do not overclock without testing much. You can destroy your processor. Overclocking only works stable if there is a good cooling solution in your system.

There are few tools which can help you to test whether overclocking is going to work on your pc or not. You can run a test through Prime95. This is a good and simple tool to use. It offer you enough options to find out whether your system is capable of handling overclocking or not. You can run test through that. If the system crash in between while using the same then it means your pc is not stable enough to carry out overclocking. You have to check the hardware and all other stuff in it. Or you have to skip it.

Testing will always help you to find at what point your pc is going to crash. You can on that basis overclock your pc. There are few essential things you have to check before moving ahead. First check that your cpu has enough thermal paste over it. You can find a cheaper on in the market. This thermal paste allow the cpu fan to stick well on the processor and draw out maximum heat. If this paste is dried up then the processor will get hot really fast and your system will crash at the time of overclocking.

You can also go ahead with some good air cooler. There are ample of them available. Antec CPU Cooler A40 is a good one here. It is a big size fan that has copper pipes and it comes in budget. You can simply use this at the time of overclocking. Begin a big size fan it works faster and has higher rpm. It will draw out maximum heat from the cpu and keep it cooler at the time of usage. You dont really need anything else once your cooling thing is configured properly. There are cheaper one also in the market.