Thread: Windows 8 displaying wrong printer port

Windows 8 displaying wrong printer port

I am not able to figure out why Windows 8 is displaying wrong printer port. I am having a hp deskjet printer. And when I try to use the same there is a bit connectivity problem. I had installed the printer in the pc and I check the printer properties. Because it is not printing. I change the port from USB001 to USB002. But still it is not working. I am quiet sure the system takes printer automatically. But it is taking the wrong port. I want a bit help on the same to resolve the problem.

Re: Windows 8 displaying wrong printer port

Did you tried using the hp printer installation cd. This comes mostly with that. If you are using the manual process then you might get the issue. It is good if you can go ahead with the hp printer installation wizard. You just have to insert the disc and the wizard does not the job. Just install the same
    through that. Before this you have to remove the existing printer. Delete it and remove any drivers you had installed. Then insert the disc and run the setup. I am quiet sure that is enough to fix the issue.

Re: Windows 8 displaying wrong printer port

This usually does not happen. Your system might be taking the right port, but due to lack of proper drivers printer is not working. If you are not having the cd then you can go with the manual process of installing drivers. For that go in Printer and Devices. Get rid of the existing one. And click on add printer. Follow the screen wizard and properly choose the model. You can get all the updated drivers through windows update. And I am quiet sure this is going to work. I had installed my printer in the same way.