Thread: getting usb 2.0 speed with Transcend PCI Express USB 3.0 card

getting usb 2.0 speed with Transcend PCI Express USB 3.0 card

I recently purchased a new Transcend PCI Express USB 3.0 card and installed it in my pc along with all the drivers by following the manual. After restarting my computer and testing it with a new external hard drive, the files are still moving but with the usb 2.0 speed. When I went in device manager then there is no yellow exclamation mark either, everything seems ok. While there is a new program called Usb 3.0 Host Controller utility in all programs but when I am trying to run it then it gives me message that USB 3.0 Host Controller not found. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks

Re: getting usb 2.0 speed with Transcend PCI Express USB 3.0 card

I have found out that your Transcend PCI Express USB 3.0 card uses the Renesas Electronics usb 3.0 host controller driver. You can check it with the driver download by going to the Transcend website. Also, it was noticed that the Renesas Drivers have too many issues in most of the new computer system. Either ways, you can easily download this driver from their official Renesas website and test it, download it from this link - http://in.renesas.com/products/tools...iver/index.jsp

Even I am using the Transcend USB 3.0 PCIe card in my computer and it is working fine. I am using this card from last 1 year without any issues and it is running my usb 3.0 external hard drive properly. Incase you have installed the drivers from the Transcend wesbite perfectly then you will see 2 items from Renesas in Device Manager. Once you have a usb 3.0 drive connected and you didnt have the usb 3.0 support then you will get a popup message from Windows saying that "you could get faster performance of your USB 3.0 device if...". Just try to download and install HD Tune software and run it on your external usb 3.0 drive to get what performance it is giving.

Can you tell me whether your card is TS-PDC3 with 4-pin Molex and Sata power connectors or is TS-PDU3 with 4-pin Molex power connector only. Can you tell me whether you have the Sata power connector on the card that is connected via power cable to your PSU? You should know that the card will not work in USB 3.0 mode without the external PSU power connection. If nothing seems to be working then it might be possible that the card is defective and you should get a replacement for same.