Thread: Logitech K800 wireless keyboard automatically typing on its own

Logitech K800 wireless keyboard automatically typing on its own

I am using a Logitech K800 wireless keyboard from last 2 years and all of a sudden it has automatically started typing letters on its own. When I am in the middle of writing something then it will just happen sometimes. I have already scanned my pc with antivirus software and everything seems to be fine. So, I think that it is problem with the keyboard or its receiver itself. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thanks

Re: Logitech K800 wireless keyboard automatically typing on its own

I would like to first of all ask you what operating system you have installed in your pc? Did you try to clean the keyboard using compressed air? You can also try to remove any dust that gets settled inside the keys by turning your keyboard upside down and then shaking it for the removal of the dust. Sometimes with the help of canned air can you can also try to blow the dust and crumbs out of your keyboard, but for that you will have to buy or make such canned ait can yourself.

Well, you can even try to replace the Logitech K800 wireless keyboard which normally has 3 years of warranty, depending on where you live by the way. You can follow the same routing even if it is happening by the rubbish falling on the keyboard which is normally a design problem. So this problem is supposed to be beared by the Logitech company. I was using a Logitech keyboard and on it, the Space key broke, I immediately asked logitech to replace my keyboard immediately and they did a great job.

Can you try to unpair your Logitech K800 wireless keyboard by using the Logitech Unifying Software and then repair again. I was having teh game problem where my keyboard was pressing the Spacebar key continuously but after that it solved my problem. Normally the Unifying receiver will try to reset the mouse's printing. Incase you want to use the original nano receiver then you will have to insert that reciever and can thus access Unifying Software to try to reset the pairing.