Thread: Custom built Pc only for viewing hd videos

Custom built Pc only for viewing hd videos

I want to built a pc only for viewing pictures. Especially hd videos. I am not able to get the right configuration. I want a basic hardware. One that can process a high resolution picture on the screen. I had selected the monitor. I am going to buy a big size one with hdmi port. I have a laptop already. I can copy the movies from the laptop to the pc for streaming purpose. I want to know that does a dual core system is enough with 4GB ram.

Re: Custom built Pc only for viewing hd videos

For streaming high quality videos you need a system that has high storage solution. Today hard drives are cheaper in the market. So when you are buying get a 2TB atleast. HD videos are in 1Gb or 2GB size. Some are in 3G which are blu-ray print. They can be more higher. To get a clean output you need a good system. Dual core can work but for high resolution you need a graphic card. You also need a good amount of ram. Graphic with hdmi connection will give you a great video output.

Re: Custom built Pc only for viewing hd videos

There is one budget solution. You can do one thing. Get a big size monitor or TV. If you are buying a monitor then wont get speaker in that. If you go for a TV then you get a good sound quality. Get one that has as usb port. You can copy your movies in a external hard drive and play videos from there. Here you are not spending on a entire pc. I am quiet sure at the cost of a pc you can get a much bigger tv. You can use your laptop or external hard drive for storing the files.