Thread: USB headphone not working through usb hub

USB headphone not working through usb hub

I use my usb headphone always through a usb nub which is connected to my pc. I am having Windows 7. Automatically windows is able to manage the audio device. But from last few days the system is unable to identify the headphone. The same works well through pc usb port which is on the front side. But the wire is too small so I cannot use that. I am having a single usb headphone. I do not have speakers with me. I want a bit help to fix the issue.

Re: USB headphone not working through usb hub

Looks the hub is not proper. You have to check whether all the usb ports are working or not. You can do that easily by connecting your mobile phone through micro usb cable. If it charges or if it is detected as removable media then it is working. But if it is not detected then the hub is damage. You can try to change the port of hub from back side. Try to hook the same on different ports and check back. I am quiet sure that will be enough to resolve the issue.

Re: USB headphone not working through usb hub

Even I think the hub is damage. You have to replace that. Because you said that it is working well when you had connected it to the pc usb ports. I have a 10 port hub on my pc. Sometime it works well but sometime it does not detect my headphone. If I charge or connect my phone then it works really fine. It is not a connectivity issue. It is the problem with the hub. I am going to use it for few weeks and then get a new one.