Thread: Does a apu gets hotter fast compare to a cpu

Does a apu gets hotter fast compare to a cpu

There are two choices in front of me to suggest a budget build to my friend. This will be for the gaming stuff. Now here if I go with cpu and graphic card separately the budget rises. I am getting a AMD apu that has a 512integrated graphics which is enough for day to day gaming. Not extreme. I want to know that does apu heats faster than a cpu. I had seen a few complain about the amd apu that I was going to buy. In few forums it is mentioned that it heats up fast.

Re: Does a apu gets hotter fast compare to a cpu

APU heats more than a cpu because they are doing dual work. It has a integrated processing power for your day to day pc need and for gaming as well. If you can add a good fan on the same then working on the same is much more easier. Also you have limited upgrade choice on apu due to its unique socket. It is mostly recommended to go with the regular one so that in future also you can change it when needed. You can increase your gaming pc performance by adding more better hardware.

Don't go for apu. They are good for day to day usage not for gaming. My friend has a htpc that has a Gigabyte E350N motherboard. It is decent and ideal for day to day usage. It has a apu and with good pair of ram you can run a bit few games on the same. But it is not great for extreme usage as it gets heat up fast. I had seen the temperature in bios it keeps on rising when I try to play a few games on the same. For gaming go for regular processor.

You can build up a good Intel core i3 based pc. You can add the cpu and around 4GB of ram on the same with graphic card also. I am quiet sure that is more than enough for your day to day usage. You can get a decent gaming output from the same. It might cost you around Rs.26000 to build a good pc that has a big size monitor, good amount of storage and also average gaming output. For more higher one you have to go with more better cpu.

AMD offers a high end apu but it is more costlier than the regular processor. I am quiet sure you can build up a decent gaming pc in much lower amount. The above suggestion is right where you get a decent gaming output based on Core i3. Instead of 4GB go with 8GB ram. That will be add more better power to your system. And do not forget to add a good 2GB graphic card if you can afford or atleast 1GB should be there. Or else many game wont work.

There is still time when we get some decent apu at budget price. Apu is a money saver option. You dont have to pay for a graphic card here. The processor itself works on both the part. Till yet Intel has not released any apu. While AMD has some budget and costly models both. I had not seen the performance of a apu yet. Still after having a apu in your pc to get better graphic output you have to use a dedicated gpu and that will add more to the cost.