Thread: Excess bass on iBall Tarang desktop speaker

Excess bass on iBall Tarang desktop speaker

I am using a old iBall Tarang speaker on my windows 7 pc. It is a 2.1 speaker set. It is a used one and I am going to buy that from my friend at a very cheap price. He gave me that for testing purpose for few days. I am trying to play a few audio file on the same and found that there is lot of excess base on the same. This is bit annoying. And the appropriate sound quality is not as great as expected. I am not so good in making audio effects work well. What can I do to reduce the bass.

Re: Excess bass on iBall Tarang desktop speaker

The speaker itself comes with bass and treble control. There three knobs on the speaker. The lowest one is for volume and the other two on the top side for controlling the treble and bass. You can reduce the bass as per your need. Play any audio and adjust both the knob one by one unless you get the right kind of audio output. Also the surface where you are keeping speaker matters. IF it is wooden then the bass effect will be more higher and it will produce vibration.

ThumbsUp Re: Excess bass on iBall Tarang desktop speaker

Depends upon speaker to speaker & Track Quality of your songs but u will have buttons on your desktop speaker Volume, Bass, Treble on your speaker keep a bass & treble in ratio of 7/10 then you will get great effect through your speaker

You can also manage that through windows media player. You can keep the bass low so that other sound effects goes well. For that go in windows media player and play any song. Then right click and choose enhancement. In that you can find two options. One is SRS Wow effect and other one is TruBass. You can adjust the TruBass slider as per your need. You can keep it medium level. iBall Tarang is a good speaker. Due to its wooden design it produce amazing bass effect.

In my views you must buy a new one. That is because you are going to get a full year warranty on that and the speaker will be brand new. The audio output would be much more better. The best one that I had seen is Creative SBS A335. This one is cheap but product amazing sound quality. It has nice sound output and it is bit less big compare to iBall Tarang. There are many speakers like this. If you buy old one then if it stops working you can get it repaired.

I am also using a used iBall Tarang speaker. It is really great. I had bought a 8 month old speaker which has a few months of warranty left. The speaker works well on large sound. If you can arrange a sound card then the audio output is far more superior. To reduce the excess bass you have to reduce the same through bass knob. But it is more fun to listen if you are playing at maximum bass on the same. I am quiet happy with the audio output. Buy if it is not very old.

iBall Tarang is an old model. You can try out iBall Raaga Q9. This one is a bigger speaker and comes for Rs.1500 only. It is an amazing speaker that has complete wooden design and it looks really amazing. I really like the design of this speaker. I thin at the price range there is no speaker in the market offer you a wooden design. The speaker cost around Rs.1500 only which is not a very high budget. Or else you can checkout more powerful speakers. You have to go under 5.1 range.