Thread: Unable to connect HP Officejet Pro 8620 on lan

Unable to connect HP Officejet Pro 8620 on lan

There is a bit issue with connecting HP Officejet Pro 8620 no the lan network. I have a windows network. The printer is hooked on the lan network. I am not able to locate the printer through my pc. I had tried to connect a number of time but it fails. I want a bit help here to configure the printer so that it can work on the network quiet easily. It also has a wifi. Through hp eprint app I can see this on the tablet. But other pc are not able to identify the same.

Re: Unable to connect HP Officejet Pro 8620 on lan

Check the lan cable that you are using. For testing you can try to connect the same on wifi. Just share that and any laptop that has a wifi in it, connect the printer in that. It is most probably the lan port or lan cable fault. You can shift the printer to any other place and try connecting to the same. It will surely work. The printer does not has any problem. Once done run the printer disc to setup and share it properly.

If you had done with checking the lan thing then there is one more suggestion you can try. Connect the printer directly to a pc through a usb cable. Through that you can figure out whether the printer is not having any connectivity issue. Just connect the same and insert the printer installation cd. Run the setup through that. The printer will be configured automatically. Once done you can then try connecting the same on the lan.

Just hook it on the lan network and then go in Printer and Device. There click on add printer and choose network printer. Windows will try to locate the printer. Once it is found you can update the drivers and done. Your printer is connected. This is the most easiest way to resolve the problem you are facing. But if windows is unable to locate the printer on the network you have to simply contact hp customer care. There can be some hardware issue.

The printer mode which you had mentioned has a lan and wifi connection. Now there is a way through which you can access the printer web panel through its ip address. And you can get that detail from the printer settings itself. On the front panel where all the keys are located, find the printer network settings. Like the ip address and other stuff. Type that in your browser to access the web access panel. Verify the printer network settings from here.

I had connected a similar multi-functional printer at my office. At start there was a bit connectivity issue. The printer remain un-identified most of the time. But later on it was detected by the installation disc. I change the printer location and it worked. I had configured the same to work through wifi also and it goes very well. You have to test the printer on different lan port to find out which one is working fine.