Thread: unable to eject a disk from Dell XPS One 27

unable to eject a disk from Dell XPS One 27

I have purchased a new Dell XPS One 27 2 months before and am facing some problem with it. I am not able to eject a disk from the disk drive. If I am touching the disk eject icon then I can see the light but nothing happens. I have already informed Dell Support about this issue and they just told me to update the drivers for the BIOS but even after updating it, the problem still remains. Has anyone got any idea how to deal with this issue? Thanks

Re: unable to eject a disk from Dell XPS One 27

Can you go to Start and then in My Computer search for the CD/DVD drive in the list. Now right click on it and then choose to Eject and see if that works. It this is not working then check the front of the drive to find a little tiny hole, it will be placed near the open/close button. You can easily put a paper clip's end into it by straightening it or else find another pointy object and push it into the same small hole. Just ensure that your computer is turned on and if this works then the CD drive will easily eject the tray. If this doesnt work then you will have to take your machine to a repair shop.

Well, if the above solution doesnt work for you then you can try to restart your computer and then tap F12 key continuously. After that choose the last option for the Diagnostic partition. You now have to use the arrow key to go to the CDROM menu and then you have to press to test and go through every other test. Incase it tells you to put in another CD with yes or no option then select no because the self test will eject the CD.

You can try to eject the disk from the optical drive by soft-pressing the indicators or LEDs for optical drive eject button. You can also try to change the settings such as the display brightness and contrast, or volume up and down settings with the help of these indicators. The LEDs usually senses the poximity of the user and it gets automatically turned on when the user comes closer to these all settings. Hope this helps you out.