Thread: What help to install HP LaserJet 1536dnf MFP on Windows 8

What help to install HP LaserJet 1536dnf MFP on Windows 8

I had sold HP LaserJet 1536dnf MFP to my neighbor. She is going to use it on a Windows 8 pc. I had connected the printer to the system through usb port. I am using the hp installation disc. In between setup I am getting a message that the printer is not detected. I restarted the system and tried back. But I am getting the same error. While the printer works really well on my pc. I am using this pc from long time and now want to buy a new one.

Re: What help to install HP LaserJet 1536dnf MFP on Windows 8

Can be a connectivity issue. You are using the usb cable here. First check that the cable is properly connected on the backside or not. Then connect it on different port. Once the printer is properly connected you will get a popup message on the screen about new hardware found. At that time you have to insert the hp disc and run the setup. If this message is not coming up then it means you have to change the usb cable.

Re: What help to install HP LaserJet 1536dnf MFP on Windows 8

This printer also has a lan support. If you are unable to use the printer through usb you can try using the lan connection. Just connect the printer on that. And if you are not having the lan setup then you have to buy a different cable and try on. That will surely help. It looks like a connectivity issue to me also. Because the printer must be detected. After connecting just go in device manager and checkout you can see the printer in that or not.