Thread: What is the maximum life of a Gold Plus rated psu

What is the maximum life of a Gold Plus rated psu

I want to know that is the maximum life span a psu has. For example I bought a very costly one. There are gold plus rated psu in the market which are costlier than the regular psu. I am looking for the lifespan they can work on any pc that is made for gaming. Where extreme usage is always constant. I had seen mainly this kind of psu works for a year or two. That's it. You have to change them after that.

Re: What is the maximum life of a Gold Plus rated psu

The output usually depend on the type of psu you are buying. Like if you buy a cheap one then the life span is year or less. They are not able to handle enough power outage. I am having a Antec BP300P psu. It is a 300w smps but very effective. I checked the configuration and found that it comes with various industrial standard that makes it quiet strong and also reliable for a system.

It is correct that if you choose a good one it will surely work nicely for more than a year. It can work for 2 to 3 years without giving you tough time. My friend has a Quad Core pc which he had bought 5 years before. And he has a 600W Cooler Master PSU in that. It still works fine. This psu was different compared to the regular one. It was certified and has some additional protection technology. So it survived.

There are different psu ratings. It is necessary to choose one that can provide you more stability. Your entire system hardware depend on the psu. When you face power failure the system shutdown instantly and it puts intense pressure on ram or processor to restore things back. Even hard drive can fail. So with a good psu always use a ups. Today you can find ample of models under a budget price.