Thread: Static current on CM 690 II

Static current on CM 690 II

I am facing a static problem on CM 690 II. I am not able to figure out why. It is used by my neighbor. I was just checking out the connection when I touch the cabinet and felt a tiny static current. The pc then restarted on its own. This is happening a number of time in a day when people are using the system. How to fix this thing. Is it a problem with the cpu case or it is associated with home electric supply setup.

Re: Static current on CM 690 II

Static shock occur mostly due to a faulty psu. It might be having a improper wiring or some kind of leak inside. That is why your entire pc is getting current. It is not good fr your hardware and for anyone who is using the pc. You can try testing the psu first. Second thing try to keep the cpu case over a tablet instead of ground. There should be a wooden plank or something between the case and ground. This will also block the current flow.

Re: Static current on CM 690 II

It is a grounding problem. This appear due to flaw in the electrical wiring at your home. It is not a problem with the psu or with the cpu case. If there is no proper grounding then you can feel the shock on many devices. No grounding can damage sensitive part of your pc. Better call a electrician and tell him to fix the the same. They add separate wire for the grounding. It is a very common problem.