Thread: Among HDMI and Digital which one is best for audio output

Among HDMI and Digital which one is best for audio output

Between HDMI and Digital which connection is best for hd audio. I am working out to setup a home theater system. Now the receiver I have comes with this dual connection. At one side I am having a HDMI support for my tv and on the other there is a digital output. What should I do. I am thinking of going with hdmi because this is the latest one in the market and it is capable for giving out better output.

Re: Among HDMI and Digital which one is best for audio output

Optical is the most simplest connection to find. The one which you are calling digital is optical connection. In most of the AV receiver it is easy to find this connection and you can also hook a nice home theater system. I will not recommend you to with hdmi because there can be a bit of compatibility problem. Many time you wont get appropriate output. While through optical you can instantly setup your system.

Whatever you use, never use analog connection. Those with red, green, yellow connectors. It is not so great when it comes to audio output. Here through hdmi or through optical you get digital audio. I think both of them work in the same way. There is no huge difference between the audio quality. If you check the specification of both you can find that they support Dolby digital, multi-channel audio, etc. And they are also easy to find.

There is a difference in the audio. It is not right that both are one and the same. HDMI is capable of passing hd audio. It is not just meant for videos. But through digital you cannot get hd audio. When you are playing a blu ray media that has Dolby TruHD or DTS HD support then to get maximum output you need a hdm i connection. Or else the output will not be properly transmitted. I will recommend you to ahead with hdmi.