Thread: Dell Latitude E6530 unable to detect the primary hard drive

Dell Latitude E6530 unable to detect the primary hard drive

2 month old Dell, Latitude E6530 is not working fine. It is giving me hard time in output. I am not able to figure out why it was slow. I had kept it for scanning under safe mode. It took around 2 hrs. I restarted the pc and I am getting a diskboot failure error. It looks the laptop is unable to find the hard drive. This drive was working and it is having all my data. It will be hard to find fix for the same. Can anyone help.

Re: Dell Latitude E6530 unable to detect the primary hard drive

The best thing you must do is carry the laptop to your nearest service center. That will resolve the problem. It is of no use to repair the same on your own self. You said it is only 2 months old so it is under warranty. Take it to the repair center and try to get it fixed. It can be a minor connectivity issue. Tell the service center people not to format or do any factory restore. This wll help you to get your data back.

Re: Dell Latitude E6530 unable to detect the primary hard drive

Go in bios once and just checkout if there is any option available. The drive must be detected. If it is not then the drive is failed to work. You will get it replaced under warranty, but there is less chances that you will get your data back. You can try booting your system through a live cd. There are ample of them available. Through that you can simply backup the data on your usb. And then try to repair it.