Thread: Loud fan noise from Alienware Aurora

Loud fan noise from Alienware Aurora

I am having a bit issue while using Alienware Aurora. When I start any game in it after 1520 minutes there is a loud noise in the system. It is fan sound. And it keeps on coming constantly until I shutdown my system. What can be the problem. This system use to work fine, but now the noise is very annoying. I had not opened the system case to check. Is there way to stop this sound. It is disturbing while playing games.

Re: Loud fan noise from Alienware Aurora

Looks like your processor is heating up due to which you get that loud sound. You have to install a cpu temperature application in your system. It will give you the real-time cpu temp. If the processor is heating then to prevent overheating the fan increase the speed. The sound can be through dust in the fan. You cannot do anything in this. You can try cleaning the cpu fan and test back. It might stop.

The fault depends on the fan noise. If you are getting sound only while playing games then it is correct that the fans are spinning really hard to keep the cpu cooler. But if the fan has some cracked noise in it then you have to replace it. The fan is broken and if you keep on using this you your processor can face problem. Just open the system case and see from where the noise is coming. If it is fan then change it.

This type of noise sometime appear due to cable stuck in the cpu fan. You can remove it or tie it up. It can be also due to dust or particles stuck in the fan. You have to clean that and check back. Get a brush or blower if possible and try to wipe out the dust from inside. That will help you more in fixing the issue. And if after cleaning the sound remains constant then you have to change the fan and get a new one.