Thread: What are the things that can be done to reduce pc overheating

What are the things that can be done to reduce pc overheating

What are the possible solutions available through which we can keep your system clean and protect it from getting damage. Compare to AMD, I had seen Intel processors are more better when it comes to heat management. I had repair a few pc. The oldest still working processor that I had seen was Intel Pentium 4 which was having heating issue. And it was resolved by changing fan. But in amd I had seen the processor just dies within few months when it is used continuously if it is heating.

Re: What are the things that can be done to reduce pc overheating

Intel processors are design to shutdown when temperature exceed a level. AMD does not work like that. It will keep on working until it is fried. A few AMD processor gives you more processing power over Intel, but on the same hand they also heat really fast. You must always check that your cpu fan is up to date. It must be able to manage the rpm on the basis of heat generated. Or else your hardware can damage really fast.

The first thing you must do is keep the system clean. I had seen people they do not clean their pc for years due to which dust accumulate inside and cause problem later on. You must wipe out the dust through a blue so that your system performance can be far more better. It also help your system fans to maintain a proper air ventilation. If your system is heating check the fan rpm. You have to replace that if it is low.

For better cooling use the best thermal paste from the market. You can buy a good one from any popular hardware store. Thermal paste help you to establish a good connection between your cpu and cpu fan. It also draw out maximum heat from the system keeping things much more cooler. I had seen people use cheap thermal paste that cause problem.It affect your cpu cooling to great extent. So just get a good one and also use big cpu fan.

Without effective cooling your system cannot perform well on overclocking and on playing games. It is very important that you must use a standard but good cooling output. Like having a big size fan on the cpu instead of stock cooler will also help. Liquid cooler is the best. It is costly but it can give long lasting output. You just have to buy that for one time. You can replace the thermal paste after a regular time interval.

Evey one cannot afford liquid cooler. That is because it is costly. And the cheapest one in the market I think starts from Rs.4000. Companies must make more cheaper coolers in the market. Like below Rs.2000 so that they can become a easy alternative for regular cpu fans. A good budget fan can cost you around Rs.1500 easily. By adding few more bucks you can get affordable liquid cooler if it is available.

Heating occur when you are using your pc for gaming or for video editing. At that time cpu is utilized more. If the cooler is unable to draw out heat it the cpu will keep on getting hot and at the end it will turn off. If things are bout of limit. Cpu fans are not enough. A good cpu cooler is just what you need. If you do not add cabinet fan then also it does not matter. Most of the time people put money on cabinet fan which does not help much.

It is right. I bought a cabinet recently that came wit two big size fan. One on the top side and other one on the front side. Cpu fan did not helped much when I play games. There was a stock cooler. I removed that and installed Hyper 212 EVO. It is a costly fan but it works really fine. The fan is able to draw out heat from the cpu. There is more than 20% increase in the cooling power.