Thread: Wifi adapter to control BenQ projector

Wifi adapter to control BenQ projector

At our office we are having BenQ projector. It is configured on ceiling. It is fixed and cannot be moved. I had connected a pc to that which is further connected to a lan cable and keyboard/mouse. I want a wifi adapter that can make thing wireless here. I am going to buy a mini pc on which I will hook the projector. And it will kept at one place. Right-now we have to move the pc in-order to move it which is bit annoying.

Re: Wifi adapter to control BenQ projector

You can use Bluetooth keyboard mouse. That will help you to keep the pc separate at any corner. Just turn it on and control the same. Most of the projector comes with remote. So you can switch them on/off through it. It is quiet simple I think. For internet you can buy any reasonable pci wifi lan card. That would be more cheaper. In this your system will be less disturbed and will better.

For using the Bluetooth keyboard/mouse you have to check the range. Do not keep the pc too far away or else you will not be able to use it. I had faced this problem. I had kept the keyboard mouse on the table and the pc was configured near the window which was connected to a projector. The mouse sometime disconnect on its own that is due to long distance. You have to buy a good one if you need long distance usage.

There is a small software you can try out. This software will help you to control the pc which is connected to the projector with a second pc that is on the lan. The only requirement to use this tool is that both the pc must be on the same lan network. You can install Input Director. Configure it on pc that is connected with the projector and with your system. And then make your pc as master and projector as slave. That's it. You can use your keyboard mouse to control that.