Thread: High cpu temperature on Corsair H40

High cpu temperature on Corsair H40

Even after adding a portable liquid cooler the cpu temperature is just above 60degree. This is really weird. I am talking about a old gaming pc at my neighbor house. The system was getting heated. Liquid coolers are far more reliable compared to the regular cooler in the market. I am talking about air cooling. But somehow it looks complicated for this also to manage the temperature. What can be done to keep the cpu cooler.

Re: High cpu temperature on Corsair H40

Liquid coolers have coolant in their pipe. The flow through the pa and pass through radiator. Most of the time this cooler works really fine. But if there is any leakage in the tubes then the coolant liquid is leaked and the performance is affected. You have to check that first. Open the case see and if the coolant is not leaked. I am not sure whether it is repairable or not. You can take that to your nearest service center.

If you are opening your cpu case then just check the heatsink also. Just see that it is properly applied or not. You can buy a good one from the market. Liquid cooler are much better, but you will need a good layer of heatsink so that the cpu remains firmly connected to the cooler. After a long time the paste is burned and turned to powder completely. You can replace that. buy a good one from the market and check back.

You cannot repair that on your own. You have to carry that to the service center or else it will not work. I am sure there will be some kind of leakage due to which it is unable to give you optimum output. Carry the cooler to your nearest service center. You can apply a regular air cooler fan on the cpu or just don't turn it on. Or else the cpu will heat-up really fast. Avoid playing games until the cooler is repaired.