Thread: How to add usb 3.0 ports on my old Vista PC

How to add usb 3.0 ports on my old Vista PC

I am having a really old cpu case and I want help to add a usb 3.0 header on the same. I am not able to figure out what to do here. It is a mid tower cpu case and I am using Windows vista on it. It is my work pc. I am having usb 2.0 ports on it. I had bought a usb 3.0 pen drive. It is a 16GB usb drive. when I backup my data it takes really long time. And sometime I am getting a message that usb is not recognized. What to do here.

Re: How to add usb 3.0 ports on my old Vista PC

You can do that only if your motherboard supports. Or else you cannot use usb 3.0 ports on your system. You have to open your system case and not hat you have to check that there are usb 3.0 headers provided or not. You can find the same information on the motherboard annual also. There is a diagram available where you will get detail about every ports and connectors. Just check and reply back.

That is right. If you are not having the connectors on your board then you can't use the usb 3.0 front panel. What you can do is buy a pci card. There are some usb 3.0 pic card available on the market at a cheaper price. You can buy that and use it. You can hook a usb hub on that and it will work. I think that will be the best option for you. I am using the same on thing on my old Core 2 Duo processor.

Yes go for the pci card and that will surely work. you can use different connectivity options on the same. I am using various different products on a pci card. I had bought a 2 port usb adapter on which I had connected a 10 port usb hub. I am charging my phone, transferring files, and also using other dock which works really well. Don't go with any other stuff just buy a pci card which will be more than enough.