Thread: Android/iOS app to control Asus O!Play BDS-700 blu ray player

Android/iOS app to control Asus O!Play BDS-700 blu ray player

Is there a Android or iOS app available through which I can control O!Play BDS-700 blu ray player. It is connected to the TV. And I also have a media server. I am able to use a third party tool to navigate the files of a blu ray disc. But for that I have to keep my TV on. I want some way through which I can control the player directly trough a mobile phone. I have a iPad also. Is there a app available for that.

Re: Android/iOS app to control Asus O!Play BDS-700 blu ray player

No there is no app like that. You must always check before buying. There are few media players in the market that comes with Android and iOS apps. You can connect them through cloud. But for Asus Oplay I am not really sure if there is any official app. I had searched on Google Play and found ASUS Miracast. This work for the usb dongle tool. I am doubtful whether that works on OPlay.

You want to control the player through app. That means you want to play audio and video through it. The best thing you can do is here is use the remote. Connect your TV to the pc and you can navigate to the multimedia files. I had hooked a 2TB media server at my home. This has all the pictures and videos. It works really well. Because there is no pc. It is a WD device that has 2TB lan storage. It is very simple to use.

If your media server has a cloud access then there are chances that you can control it. You can stream the files directly through cloud. There is no other way I think. I am also looking for a home theater system that I can control through my mobile device. But I am not able to find anything. For this you require a common media server platform that works on blu ray player, tv and pc.