Thread: Low quality audio from Xonar Essence STX

Low quality audio from Xonar Essence STX

I am having a weird problem with a second hand sound card. My friend bought a new one so he gave this card to me. I am having a bit issue with the sound quality. The audio output is very poor here. I thought there will be some good sound output from the same. I am having a good surround sound speaker but I am not satisfied with the sound. What to do.

Re: Low quality audio from Xonar Essence STX

It is a old card. That is why you are not getting good sound quality. You can still try using it on a different pci slot. I am having a low range sound card. I bought this for improving my audio recording. It works well in start. But as it get older the audio quality keeps on degrading. It is weird. This type of cards must work for longer period.

I think this is a driver problem. You had installed the card and after that, what about driver installation. Most of the time windows detect hardware and use the basic audio driver. You can visit the official website and download the latest drivers for the same. Just install it and done. The sound quality will be definitely good compare to what you are getting right now.

Driver update is the only thing we can do from our end. You can try switching the card on different slots. But still if you get the same average sound output then the card is not proper. Xonar Essence STX is a good sound card. It should work. Check your cable connections also. Try to add some sound effect software and test through that. You might get expected results.