Thread: How to disable Logitech K400 tap-to-click

How to disable Logitech K400 tap-to-click

I have recently purchased a new Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad K400 for my usage. But after using it for a while it seems that the touch pad acts like I am tapping it whenever I am touching it to move the cursor. So, in the end most of the files either get selected or moved from one place to another or even gets deleted sometimes. Does anyone know how to disable this tap-to-click function in Logitech K400? Thanks

Re: How to disable Logitech K400 tap-to-click

You can easily disable the tap-to-click feature but for that you have to install Setpoint software. So, after installing the same software launch it and then click my Mouse tab. Now choose the Wireless Keyboard Touchpad K400 from the drop down menu and then click the touch pad icon on the left side to display touch pad settings. Now clear the Tap-to-Click option and save the setting.

You can even try to adjust cursor movements instead of disabling the Tap-to-Click feature on your Logitech K400. Follow the below steps:

1. Launch the Logitech SetPoint mouse and keyboard software by clicking on Start > Programs > Logitech > Mouse and Keyboard > Mouse and Keyboard Settings
    2. Click the My Mouse tab at the top of the SetPoint Settings window.
    3. Select Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 from the product drop-down menu at the top left.
    4. Click the cursor icon on the left toolbar to display the Pointer and Scrolling Settings screen.
    5. Change the settings to what you want them to be.
    6. Click Apply to save your settings, and then OK to exit SetPoint.

More methods are given on this link - http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/...2,4,5/cl/us,en

When I emailed Logitech tech support about this issue, then they told me that there is no way to adjust sensitivity of the touchpad in logitech setpoint. The touchpad is not meant to behave like that and sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting the usb receiver into a different port might resolve the problem. Also, there is no support for Mac since Setpoint software is not available for Mac computers.