Thread: Windows 8 crashing after removing wifi card

Windows 8 crashing after removing wifi card

I had bought a wifi lan card for my pc. My lan port is damaged due to which I cannot connect the system on lan network. I have a shared internet access at home. The new wifi card is working fine on Windows 7. I had later on upgraded to Windows 8. I am getting blue screen constantly on it. I had removed the card because it was not working. But still it is crashing. I though the error was due to wifi driver.

Re: Windows 8 crashing after removing wifi card

There is something in your system which is causing the problem. You have to get rid of that. There can be some attached hardware like a printer or any other device that is causing the crash. You can try formatting your pc and installing windows 8. Most of the time upgrades does not work due to incompatible system files in it. Just format your system and install fresh drivers for every device. This would be enough to fix the issue.

I got this issue after upgrading my system from Windows 7 to Windows 8. I have having a usb 3.0 card in it. After upgrade I got a popup notification for the lan card. I had enabled driver updates. But this does not look to be working well. I removed the card and there was constant blue screen. This was due to the driver inside it. Incomplete installation caused the problem. I had formatted my pc and installed everything back again which worked.

You can get a bit more detail on the error in Event Viewer. It is located in Control Panel > Administrative Tools. Just go in that and launch Event Viewer. Note down the latest error code with description. It is associated with a hardware then you have to remove it. Or else you have to switch back to Windows 7 to get a more stable output.

ThumbsUp Re: Windows 8 crashing after removing wifi card

Hi,
    Please reinstall the windows 8 and after the install the lan / wi-fi drivers. It will works fine. The problem is that you had upgraded from 7 to 8 but the network drivers are not merge up correctly. Once you try upper method you will be enjoying fine.