Thread: Need help to remove Intel stock cooler

Need help to remove Intel stock cooler

I want to replace a the cpu fan of old system which is used at the reception of a hotel. This system has some dual core processor and 1GB ram. From last few weeks the person using the system is complaining about continuous restart. When I checked by opening up the case I found the fan is not spinning. I want to remove this thing. But it looks it is stucked inside. I also want to add a new fan. I just need a budget fan which can let me use the system as it was before. For removing I had tried a screw driver. But it looks that the fan is glued to the processor.

Re: Need help to remove Intel stock cooler

The fan has pins on the 4 corners. You will have to turn them to open it up and pull them one by one on the top side. It will get out easily. Do not try to push hard. You can break things here. If you are unable to remove, then take help from any technician.

You can get a fan at Rs.200 in the market. It is easy. But removing it is a bit tricky. You can begin by watching some videos on the web. In that you can find the process to remove the fans. It has a clips which locks when you rotate it. And at that moment if you try to push it hard on the top side you can break things. So always do it slowly. You have to first rotate it anti clock wise to and then push it up. The clips will leave the board. Before you get a fan get a good thermal paste also.D o not just put the fan directly. This can cause serious heating problem later on. A thermal paste plays a vital role in keeping your cpu cooler. You can buy a cheaper from online shop.

Most of the time it is easy to remove. But sometime when we push it really hard the clips gets firmly locked. There are plastic locks at the bottom that spread and hold the board. Try slowly to push the clips upward. Try to rotate if it is not coming out.