Thread: Kingston SSD not visible after Windows 8.1 upgrade

Kingston SSD not visible after Windows 8.1 upgrade

Something weird happen in my system after when I went with Windows 8.1 upgrade. I have a SSD which is used for data backup. I keep all my important data in that. I had gone with a fresh upgrade for my system. It is the new Windows 8.1. The upgrade went properly. But when I went in My Computer I cannot see the SSD partition. It is not visible. I have all my important data backup in that. How can I restore it back. I do not know much about fixing hard drive.

Re: Kingston SSD not visible after Windows 8.1 upgrade

Restart your system and go in bios. Just check whether the SSD is detected or not. If not then this can be some kind of connectivity issue. You have to carry the system to the official service center of your motherboard manufacturer.

It is quiet important that the SSD must be visible in the bios. If it not then it will be complicated to recover your data. Sometime this issue also appear due to partition letter. Right click on My Computer > Manage. Go in Disk Management. Just check whether the drive is listed o r not. If yes then right click on that and choose assign drive path. Add a letter and done. If everything goes ok the drive will appear in My Computer. But if not then the drive has some kind of hardware problem. To recover there is one more thing you can try. Make a bootable Windows disc. You can use Ubuntu or Linux mint for the same. Boot your system with that and scroll through different hard drive in it. If it is accessible copy all the data and format your system back again.

I had set the SSD as first boot device. IT works well. If you have a desktop then you can atleast open the case and check the cable. But in laptop the same is more complicated to manage. The best thing you can do is take it to the service center.