Thread: computer freezes after installing Samsung SSD 840 EVO

computer freezes after installing Samsung SSD 840 EVO

I have recently bought and installed a new Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250gb in my computer and ever since then my computer freezes constantly. This happened when I was checking some email and my computer froze. The computer will stay in freeze and will not show any error messages or BSOD as well. I dont know if it will be good to freshly install a new OS on this SSD since it could be a SSD problem? Do you have any suggestions? Thanks

Re: computer freezes after installing Samsung SSD 840 EVO

Can you take out the SSD and check whether the computer freezes again or not. Also, make sure that the Sata and power cables are properly connected into the SSD and motherboard. Also, see other hardwares like RAM or Graphics card, if they are not properly seated. Try to reseat them firmly with every other device and then test your computer to see if the problem is solved or not.

You can try to use different imaging software before doing a clean install of Windows in your computer. There is a tool called Paragon Migrate OS to SSD for such purpose. It is a professional application designed to migrate Windows to storage devices like SSD or hard drive. The devices can be smaller capacity, because the capabilities of the software exclusion data set files. Transfers are performed live without affecting your work at all.

Even I had a similar problem but later I was able to solve it. You need to power off your computer and then disconnect the power lead. After that press and hold down the on/off button on your computer for 30 seconds and then release. Now unplug the SSD and then again press and hold on/off button for another 30 seconds and then release. Now connect the SSD and also the power lead. After that insert the installation USB and then restart and install the OS normally.