Thread: Troubleshooting various chromecast errors

Troubleshooting various chromecast errors

Google Chromecast is the fastest way of media streaming. It help you to stream content of mobile and laptop on tv. I made this discussion to find out various error which people face no chromecast. Connectivity error would be the most common one. This can resolved by reconnection and locating compatibility of chromecast with the TV. What are the other major things occur. I am willing to buy one. I hope the usage and troubleshooting is simple. I have a old 27inch tv at my home.

Re: Troubleshooting various chromecast errors

Another common error is with wifi connection. Sometime the chromecast is not able to connect to the wifi router. This is because of ap isolation. If this is off then you can simply go ahead with connectivity. Also adding manual dns will resolve the issue.

My friend has called me first to setup this at his home. He was having some issue with connectivity. So went on web and tries a few solution. Atleast it worked. I am going to share the information here. This will help who are facing issue with chromecast connectivity with TV. When you connect the dongle and select it from source you can see Chromeast home screen. But if this is not visible then the first thing you have to do is check the input. Choromecast has as hdmi port. Try to change it on another. Then go in the menu and try to choose the right source. This is a simple connectivity issue. You will have to see whether it is tightly fitted or not. Try to turn on/off tv multiple ties and then check back. This is a easy way to resolve the problem you are facing.

Chromecast supports almost all tv brands. You must have to choose the source. This tiny tool also work through wifi. But if your tv is not able to product signal then the problem can be with the usb dongle.

It is a tiny tool and does not has much issue. You have to take care that you must be using the same on a new tv. On older one there can be streaming issue. Google has smartly made a tool which is easy for many. You can just hook that on your TV and view your online or mobile content. It is amazing. If anytime you face connectivity issue with pc there there are something you can try. First you have to disable AP isolation from the router. Re-setup the device once again and try to test it. And if there is a display output problem through hdmi then you can try this. Connect the dongle to your TV and wait back for sometime until the dongle boots up. Then connect the hdmi on the same. Sometime chromecast needs a bit time to boot up. And once it is done you can see the display output on your screen.

If you own a new tv with latest usb and other stuff then you don't have to worry much. Chromecast will work on the same. But if you have a old one then you will not get proper output and face issue.

Google always offers fresh new updates which resolve many problem. So there is nothing to much worry. Recently a new update was released that wiped out various problem of the dongle and worked really well. This update was not hyped much. This new update fixes a number of issues in the dongle. You will require a active internet connection for running the update. For connectivity issue major problem lies with the cables and ports. That can be fixed by changing them. Avoid using the dongle on very old devices. The best part of using this dongle is that it is very easy to setup. You just have to connect the same to your tv and it act as a input source. You can then use your mobile or tablet control the video streaming.

I had tested this on my laptop and it worked really well. I do not think this would have any kind of connectivity issue. Google has smartly designed the dongle that offer appropriate output.