Thread: Which one is better between Close Looped Liquid Cooler or Open Looped Liquid Cooler

Which one is better between Close Looped Liquid Cooler or Open Looped Liquid Cooler

Which among Closed Loop and Open Loop is better for liquid cooling. I went on web to get some good cooler for my system. I want to go ahead with overclocking. I had started doing the same recently through a big size air cooler. But it does not draw out much heat. Some experienced overclockers says that open loop cooler offer you more benefit over close. But they have complicated to setup. I had seen some models from Corsair that in my budget. But I want to go with a good solution through which I can gain a big better overclocking output.

Re: Which one is better between Close Looped Liquid Cooler or Open Looped Liquid Cooler

Open loop are messy. Better go with close loop. They are simple and comes with a single assembly. You just have to assemble it and hook it on the motherboard. That's all. It is capable of giving you smooth output. It works well.

Re: Which one is better between Close Looped Liquid Cooler or Open Looped Liquid Cooler

The usage here depend on your need. If you need something only for the processor then you can go with closed loop cooler like Corsair H90. But if you need something for the entire system like gpu then you can go with the open loop also. You have more tubes available and you can also hook the same on gpu. But there is a big issue of leakage in this. Closed loop cooler are tightly fitted and they work fine. They do not require constant maintenance. You can use them easily and they are also easy to remove. But open loop have many parts. You need to take help from any expert who can give you the right setup procedure. Or else it will be more complicated for you to manage. For beginner I do not recommend open loop liquid cooling. Better stick with closed loop which is more better and easier.

Closed loop is always better. Because it comes in portable design. It is locked and easy to fit also. It has a leak free design and in other if you wont install it properly the system might get effected due to coolant.

If you are experienced overclocker then going for open loop will be more better. I am only talking about experienced. Because here you can manage the system as per your own requirement. You can increase the cooling and reduce it whenever needed. This one is going to work well. But if you are new then go ahead and buy a closed loop one. Because it is easy to setup. You don't have to go ahead with more stuff. I had tested out many coolers under closed loop. They are of no use then it comes extreme overclocking. Their cooling is ideal for gaming pc. And at some point the system will crash. While open look requires complicated setup and is more reliable.

Avoid open loop. I do not think anyone buys a open loop cooler today. Go for closed loop. That is far more better and good enough to use for overclocking. You can go ahead with certain test after using the same.

I am using a closed loop cooler from Corsair. It is a costly one but looks amazing to keep the system says. It is wrong to say that close loop coolers are not capable of giving you maximum cooling at the time of overclocking. They are reliable and work really well. They can maintain a good amount of temperature in the system offering you maximum cooling and pushing the cpu temp to stay lower. I have Cooler Master Seidon 120XL. This is a big size cooler with easy assembly. You just have to hook the cooler on the cpu socket and fit the fan. I had tested my Core i5 cpu on the same. I had overclocked it at standard rate and it works. There is no crash problem at all. The cooler is great enough to make system perform well.

Closed loop is only better. Because it is designed to give maximum cooling. Here you will get a smart design which is easy to setup and simple. You have to play with the rings and fit them properly.